A new study about our circle of friends has revealed some interesting facts.
Having a group of friends is important for overall well being and a study by Disney shows we’re doing well in the friend department. Here are some takeaways:
- the average adult has 10 “good” friends
- at least one of them has been around since around age six
- we spend over 2,000 nights out over the lifetime of a friendship
- we spend 39,000 hours laughing
- we share 630 secrets with our closest friends
- the average friendship lasts for 17 years, but, 17% say they’ve had the same best friend for over 30 years!
The traits that make a good friend include being a good listener, giving them honest outfit advice, making them laugh, and always remembering to send embarrassing photos on their birthday.
Source: Study Finds