A family of five has recovered from lead poisoning after the New York City Department of Health found high levels of lead in the routine blood work of an unnamed three-year-old. The department tested the entire family and found high levels of lead in the systems of both parents and two other adult children.
Where did it come from? Investigators eventually found that the glazed ceramic ware they’d used to cook, prepare, and store food and drink was contaminated with high levels of lead. Health officials have warned about the lead dangers of traditional pottery in the past.
Source: New York Post