Most high schoolers are either already off, or will be off for the summer pretty soon, and while some will lounge around and do nothing all day, others hope to make a little cash with a summer job. Unfortunately for some parents, it may not be so easy for their teens to find a summer job these days, and where you live may have a huge effect on whether you have to deal with them on the couch all summer.
- Well, WalletHub set out to determine the places where teens have the best shot at landing a summer job.
- They looked at more than 180 markets across 22 key indicators of employment, in areas of Youth Job Market and Social Environment and Affordability.
- Those include things like median income of part-time workers, availability of summer jobs and internships and more.
- So which teens will have the easiest time finding a gig this summer?
- Well, those in Orlando, Florida, apparently have it the easiest.
- Orlando earns a score of 60.02 out of 100, ranking at number one for youth job market.
- San Francisco, California ranks tops for social environment affordability.
Top Ten Places To Find Summer Jobs
- Orlando, FL
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Columbia, MD
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Juneau, AK
- Warwick, RI
- Rapid City, SD
- Portland, ME
- Huntington Beach, CA
- Garden Grove, CA
- As for where it will be hardest to find a summer gig, Lubbock, Texas lands at the bottom of the list with a score of 30.37 out of 100, landing in the bottom five for both youth job market and social environment and affordability.
Click here to find out where your area falls.