Effective today, Monday, May 11, Sentara RMH has modified its visitation policy for the main hospital. The changes apply only to the main hospital.
All visitors are required to wear a mask and observe social distancing guidelines. Visitors should bring their own mask to wear while inside the hospital.
Inpatients will be allowed to have 1 visitor, with the following exceptions:
- Patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 are not allowed any visitors.
- In the Family Birthplace, mothers, regardless of COVID status, may have 1 visitor. Two visitors may visit the nursery.
- The Emergency Department will allow no visitors.
- The Hahn Cancer Center will allow no visitors.
- End-of-life non-COVID patients may have up to 2 visitors at the discretion of the nursing team.
- End-of-life COVID-positive patients will have visitation determined on a case-by-case basis.
For the safety of our patients, visitors and staff, the following guidelines are also in place:
·Visitors ages 12 and under are prohibited from the hospital.
·Visitors will be screened before entering the facility. Anyone with signs of a respiratory infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath) will not be allowed to enter.
·Visitors must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting a patient room.
·Visitors must stay in the patient’s room the entire time of the visit. Loitering in any public area within the hospital is not allowed.
Once a visitor leaves the patient room, they must leave the hospital immediately
The full visitation policy is available on Sentara.com.