Sunday, November 10, 2019
2pm | Downtown Harrisonburg
Join the City of Harrisonburg in honoring our nation’s heroes at the annual Veterans Parade on Sunday, November 10, 2019.
The parade will begin at 2:00pm at the Rockingham County Administration Building, 20 East Gay Street, and will travel south on Main Street to City Hall, 409 South Main Street.
We are pleased to announce that Living Waters Farm Initiative will be this year’s Grand Marshal. Living Waters Farm works to support veterans suffering from PTSD through pastoral counseling, peer support, and therapeutic farming. Learn more about their mission and vision at www.livingwatersfarm.net
Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance invites all veterans, veterans organizations, clubs, civic organizations, companies, and individuals to participate in the parade. All parade entries should display a patriotic theme and honor veterans in a special way.
STREET CLOSURES AND PARKING
Official street closures for the parade will be as follows:
12:00pm – 3:30pm
- Both lanes of Main Street will be closed from MLK Way to Gay Street
- Gay Street will be closed from Mason Street to Noll Drive
- Court Square will be closed
- The Rockingham County Administration Building parking lot will be closed for parade float staging
- The parking lot in front of City Hall will be closed
- All roads will reopen by 3:30pm, depending on crowd levels at the discretion of HPD and Public Works.
- The Municipal Parking Lot by the Turner Pavilion will be open. It will be easily accessible from S. Liberty Street.
- The Water Street and Elizabeth Street parking decks will be open and accessible from S. Liberty Street and Mason Street, respectively. Upper and lower levels of both parking decks will be open to the public.
- Free parking is located throughout downtown and labeled with blue & gold signs. Please check road closures that will prohibit street parking in certain locations.